How old am I?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 2, 2010

Braggin' on Rob

Hello everyone!
I am so happy to be writing you now. The last 3 days of our lives has been absolutely incredible. THANK YOU to each of you who have sent us your kind words of  love and support! It has a been such a joy to look at each post and email as reading them is something Rob and I look forward to doing every day.
While Rob has so diligently been updating you on Jonah's arrival and his first few days, he has also been the most caring and compassionate husband a girl could ask for. As he mentioned, the labor and delivery could not have been better, but the road to recovery did take it's toll. I was pretty much out of commission for the last 72 hours; I am not sure which was worse...the fact that I couldn't take care of myself or the fact that my brain turned into absolute mush.

But with Rob by my side, I didn't have a worry in the world. He was there to keep me focused on the task at hand while making me laugh at the same time. He told me he thought I looked pretty when I felt like the ugliest creature on the planet. He predicted my "favors" before I even asked. He walked with our families to the NICU to visit Jonah when I was too weak to make it and came back every time with a new picture and update for me from the nurses. He slept by my side in a venous fly trap of a bed listening to my hospital bed make the most awful noises as I repositioned it at 2:30 in the morning. During all of this, not a minute went by when I didn't think to myself how very blessed I am to have such an amazing partner in this life!!!  Also, I have to let all of you know what a natural Rob is at being a Dad. I have seen the pride in his smile when he talks about Jonah, the worry in his eyes when we have to make decisions about the serious stuff, and his gentle touch when he stands over Jonah's bed feeling as helpless as I do. I think that Jonah has really carved out a place in his heart that he protects greatly.

So, with all of that being said... I love you Rob! Thank you for being you :-)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you guys! I need to stop reading this at work.... all my co-workers think that I keep getting fired or something cause I'm crying at my desk all day! You guys are an inspiration to me! I can't say enough how happy I am for you. Keep up the great work.
    Also, the judges have just made their decision and it's unanimous- World's Best Parents- 2010!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew the skater boy of 9th grade had it in him! Seriously, seeing the excitement in Rob's eyes in the first pics Jules forwarded me brought me to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even hold back the tears as I read this. It was absolutely beautiful to read. I know Brad and I have not been in this same exact situation, but I definitely have had these exact feelings about Brad. Jonah is absolutely precious and all of you are constantly in my prayers. We love you and hope everything continues to go well!
    Love, Amanda, Brad, Aiden and Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful words Stacie! I have also enjoyed seeing Rob's caring side through his writings and thoughtful and kind words as he has told all of the stories of this last week. Thank God for a good husband! Love, Lori

    ReplyDelete