How old am I?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 1, 2012

Short Term Pains for Long Term Gains...

...That's what Rob has been saying for the past few days. In our stronger moments this made sense, seemed so reasonable. It put this whole surgery into perspective. But we are human, we are weak, and we spent the better half of our weekend down right scared. However, last night as we were saying our prayers before bed...and "LIGHT broke in and brought me to my feet" ((Avett Brother fans out there;-) )) There was a voice in my head literally saying to me "Be not afraid. Be not afraid". I know that God has picked me up by my bootstraps before and again, I felt that swift kick in the pants. We were able to clear our heads, get packed up, and get ourselves to Hope this morning....Not without a few-thousand-tears though.

The OR nurses took Jonah back at 7:30 on the dot. The pre-op process was pretty smooth. Quick. They gave Jonah Versed about 10-15 min before going back. He seemed totally unaffected but then when we stood outside the OR door dropping him in the crib, he didn't make a peep. God is so good!!! Jonah was wiping our tears with his blankie. How strong! How brave is our boy!!

No word yet from the nurses on the inside. But we expect they are working on getting him to sleep, inserting his breathing tube and placing IV's. Cutting through the existing scar tissue takes time and they are careful to avoid excessive bleeding. We are in for a long day!!

Please pray for a swift start and NO SURPRISES!!!

All our love!!

5 comments:

  1. We are with you and Jonah in spirit... praying for the most uneventful surgery possible. So much love coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery today with a smooth and swift recovery for Jonah! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending big hugs from Lurie friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear "so far so good". Our Jonah is such a little trooper! We are thinking of you and praying that you continue to find peace in His unfailing love.

    "As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you.." Isaiah 66:13

    Love, hugs and kisses!
    Aunt Patty, Uncle Jim, Lindsay, Carly and Dan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! It's Amanda Hokanson. We have been praying nonstop for Jonah! Kathy gave me the link to your blog tonight. <3 I am going to be at Hope tomorrow to deliver some care bags. I will look for you! PLEASE Let me know if you need anything! <3 amanda.hokanson@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete